An insulation piercing connector is one of the main components of an AB cable system, and it can accept a proper tap connection. This particular connection will further distribute a good line in the street lighting and all the domestic utility connections. This design enables the system to seal all the connections against water penetration properly. Thus, the connector is then turned into a waterproof connector. With these connectors, you can orchestrate a semi-permanent and metal-to-metal contact between the insulation piercing connector and the wire conductor. Several factors tend to affect the dependability and performance of the connectors, such as contact type, tip design, and connection method.
Functioning of An Insulation Piercing Connector
Insulation piercing connectors have four main applications, which we will name and explain one by one.
1. Street Light Connections
For this application, the IPCs are used to tap the AB cable and then connect it properly to the service line, which will aid in powering the streetlights and other applications.
2. Tap off/Multi-Tap Connection to Households
Another one of the main applications of the IPCs is to make sure that the AB cables are properly tapped so that the power can be restored in households. With the help of a multiport insulation piercing connector, it is possible to set up a one-tap connection from the mainline to bring connections to different homes. a
3. Distribution Box Charging Connection
In this case, the Insulation Piercing Connector will tap the main AB cable line to properly charge the Low Voltage Distribution Boxes connected to various applications like street lights, residential connections, and much more.
4. Jumper Connection
The Insulation Piercing Connectors can also be used with similar cable sizes on each side to facilitate a connection or any other high-angle turn properly.
Important Applications of IPCs
Following are some of the applications of insulation piercing connectors:
· Insulated HV and LV lines with proper interconnectors can provide efficient insulation and robust strength for different terminal ports and adjacent options.
· IPCs can also create and establish a connection between the service cables and the LV network.
· The IPCs invaluable when it comes to creating low-voltage insulation household wire T connections, creating power distribution system T connections, ordinary cable field branch and street lam distribution systems, line connections, and so much more.
Benefits of Using Insulation Piercing Connectors
· You can adequately fasten them with the proper pole structures.
· The connection that is established by the insulation piercing connector will be completely dependable, and the construction is pretty robust as well.
· The connections are incredibly long-lasting and durable for the AB cable systems.
· There is no need for proper conductor insulation stripping in the first place
· Based on the size of the connector, you can also use them for certain non-tension lines with a voltage above 600 volts.
· There is no need to use post-installation tape, making the installation smoother.
The reasons mentioned above make Insulation Piercing Connectors manufacturers an invaluable part of the electrical industry. The ability of the component to create a solid and lasting connection in the AB cable system is reliable.